Saturday, November 15, 2014

Metal and Clay Blog Hop...FINALLY! It's reveal time!



I stumbled across Lisa Lodge's facebook group Pine Ridge Treasures just in time to get in on this wonderful blog hop featuring components from Sharyl McMillian-Nelson of Metapolies. It was a great opportunity to get some of Sharyl's components and be surprised...I love beady surprises! Lisa offers lots of blog and creative challenge kits so come join us for some beady fun. You can visit Sharyl's shop by clicking above or connect with her on facebook here to catch the latest news, sales and new offerings available! Now lets get on with the reveal!


First up...a look at what I received. 2 gorgeous metal charms by Sharyl. They are hand embossed copper with a gorgeous icy blue patina. Lisa also included a strand of white glass pearls and pumpkin shaped copper beads to complete my kit. I know kits were sent at random but seriously ...it's like they both knew exactly what I would love and made it happen! There were plenty of materials and the charms were large enough I could have split them up and done necklace designs but they really spoke to me for earrings...


I added waxed linen in rust, a small sterling daisy spacer...I love mixing metals, especially silver and copper...a bit of copper chain and a pair of my handmade copper ear wires. I love the finished look...they are a bit bold, with a bit of movement and the feel of sitting near a warm fire on an icy, cold winter evening!


Aren't they just delish! I do have plans to use the rest of the pearls and copper beads in one of my stack style bracelets but that will be another day. Thanks for stopping by today and sharing again in my creative process. I hope you will visit the other participants listed below and spread the blog love! ~Kari

Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Shaiha Williams,   Shaiha's Ramblings
Toltec  Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Heather Richter, Desert Jewelry Designs
Kim Dworak, Cianci Blue
Karen Grosset Grange, Ginkgo et Coquelicot
Ann Schroeder, Bead Love
Lisa Prewitt Knappenberger, LiRaysa Designs
Carol Briody, A Beads Life
Miranda Ackerley, MirandAck
Kari Asbury, Hippie Chick Design
Susan Anderson, La Main Tresor
LeAnne Loftus, First Impression Design
Leithleach Seodra, Alainn Jewelry





16 comments:

  1. Great earrings, I love the mixing of different metals and materials, the boldness and movement just attract me, I would wear them every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are beautiful! The waxed linen is perfect for your design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are delish! I love the combination of copper and that icy blue. You've added just the perfect touches - like that tiny pop of silver. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous earrings. I'm always envious of anyone that can use the waxed linen so easily. Guess I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are definitely delicious. Scrumptious I would say! I love the soft blue colour on the copper charms and the combination with pearls, copper, silver and waxed linen make a perfect pair of earrings. Just my cup of tea. Beautiful work, Kari.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kari, Delish is certainly the right word for your wonderful earrings. You accented Sharyl's charms perfectly.Can I say I am coveting them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have outdone yourself with this pair. It is so perfectly balanced and I love the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore these earrings, Kari! Everything looks fabulous. I love waxed linen in jewelry, but haven't been able to get the hang of it in my designs. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I love those earrings! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They ARE delish, Kari, and you made them so! Wish I had thought of doing this!

    Glad you enjoyed what you were sent! This is such an impressive design!

    Many thanks for participating and for all your support! Best wishes! -Sharyl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just absolutely love how frosty they are!!! Your use of mixed metals inspires me to step out of that same metal comfort zone. You really made those pieces sing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour palette of you kit. Earrings are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love how you put the colors together. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So now, how adorable are these!?! VERY! I love this color combo and your design is perfect for these elements! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these, they are just adorable. Love the color combo and your design.

    ReplyDelete