Friday, March 2, 2012

7000 Bracelets of Hope

I was inspired this week... After seeing all the beautiful bracelets from the 7000 Bracelets for Hope blog hop and visiting the Global Genes Project website I decided that even though I had missed the blog hop I could still create a bracelet for this wonderful cause.

While I love blue and it's one of my go to design colors, I don't use much denim blue...so I had to look thru the many, many, many beads to find just the right look. I discovered that awhile back Raida from Havana Beads sent me some beautiful blue lampwork beads as an 'extra' goodie with an order...needless to say they were perfect with some Vintaj brass and some pale blue vintage czech beads I had on hand. I also added a Vintaj dragonfly charm, since dragonflies represent the changes in life that we must pass thru and accept rather than being able to ignore or go around...I think that's why I like them so much beautiful creatures reminding us to endure, learn, accept and grow to come out stronger on the other side! It's symbolism seemed perfect for this project. 


So enough babble...here is the bracelet on it's way in today's mail. I hope it provides the recipient much comfort, strength and hope as they face this challenging road.



1 comment:

  1. Love the bracelet it is very pretty. The Vintaj brass makes the blue shine. The person that receives your bracelet will be very happy.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete