Friday, May 23, 2014

It's a waxed linen creation craze! Blog Hop and Reveal Time!

First off, THANK YOU, to our lovely hostess Diana Ptaszynski of Suburban Girl Studio...without her we would not have united today in our craze to create with waxed linen! As usual I was creating up to the last minute and am rushing to write my post...things are so hectic lately! I'll also mention in my defense...I have been working to create a new studio space in my house from one of our extra bedrooms and while it's not done...I have managed to create more disarray for myself and had to scramble to get photos since my photo station is still waiting on it's new place in the studio! But enough of all that...let's get to some creations!



First up, earrings! I am in love with the chicklet beads from Sue Beads. I have LOTS of them and she just keeps listing more lovely, tempting colors! This pair is a denim blue color and I've paired them with some rings from Outwest, in blue, green, cream and grey. They were a nice little extra with one of my purchases. Crystals in smoke and brass ear wires from Vintaj...everything brought together with a denim blue waxed linen of course! These earrings are long and have lots of swing...love them!


One more picture...I was experimenting with my make shift photo set up to get these. Not too bad considering how make shift it is...no pictures of it...to embarassing ;)


The other piece I completed is a necklace...the focal and large lava bead are actually from my bead soup leftovers. A few crystals, small lava beads and waxed linen complete the look.


The crystals and small lava beads were part of my 50% off sale finds at Michael's. 


A close up of the beautiful butterfly focal...


and a close up of the rest of the necklace... Well that's it for me...I do have a couple of works in progress but they weren't coming together in my last minute frenzy so they will wait for another day! I hope you'll stop by next week for a special reveal using more of those wonderful chicklet beads from Sue...there could be more waxed linen too!

Please visit the rest of the participants by clicking on their links below...and remember we all love to read your comments!

Kari Asbury you are here :)


29 comments:

  1. Wonderful earrings and necklace! I'm falling in love with Sue's chicklet beads. It's fun that you were able to use some leftover bead soup items. I love leftovers. I'm going to subscribe to your blog. I always like what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the muted, denim color palette in those earrings! You can't go wrong with hose chicklet beads and anything Outwest makes! Great job and thanks for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your butterfly necklace Kari - has a very ethereal feel to it and very pretty earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kari, I agree that Sue's chicklets are way cool. You accented them perfectly in your lovely earrings. It is good to see you using more of your bead soup beads. The beautiful butterfly focal pairs well with the lava beads that you chose for your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that butterfly focal bead with the lava beads, such a nice combination of colors and textures.

    Sandy @ KeepsakeCrafts.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those chicklet beads are a real match to linen it seems. Love the soft colors in those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those earrings are the bomb! I am definitely going to have to pick up some of Sue's Chicklet beads to make up for my Ears To You donation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no original words to say about your pieces. They are nicely done. I have looked at so many blogs, and have tried to think of what to say. I better get a thesaurus to look up more descriptive words to use. I do like your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those earrings. I think the fringe is such a fun thing with earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely "creations"! Beading "Left-overs" are so wonderful & you did a great job with yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like your butterfly necklace. Great colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty pieces. I'd wear that necklace all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're both pretty pieces. The necklace is so pretty. But the earrings are so cute. I love SueBeads chicklet beads and they are cute in these earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your earring design. Those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete





  15. I adore your earrings!!! What a great combination and design!



    ReplyDelete
  16. Those earrings are sweet! The necklace is very striking, but the linen gives it a delicacy too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. kari, I love those earrings you made! I made a pair of earrings too, but I made beads with a different hole orientation, which is next on my list to make for my etsy store! I love your necklace too, it is very delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful earring and necklace, I really love the earrings.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your necklace. Beautiful butterfly pendant. I really like the unexpected mix of lava beads and crystals. Great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pieces Kari! I love the earrings, the colors are right up my alley! Summery and flirty! I've been eyeing Sue's chicklet beads, time to get some I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great earrings using those cute chicklets and Outwest rings (I just love everything from Outwest).

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love SUeBeads, and I love Outwest, and I love your designs, and hence I love those earrings! Way cool!

    And what a surprise I got to see the butterfly focal, it looks great! I would never have thought to use it with linen. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous earrings and necklace. Love Sue's chicklets & your wonderful design. The lava & butterfly focal are a cool mix -- very pretty & so lovely for summer! Great combinations & style! Beautiful, sensual, charming! Happy Hopping! ♥ Rita

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the earrings with Sue's chicklet beads! The necklace has so much texture love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great earrings! The components make these oh so special!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both designs are great, but I especially love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete