Thursday, November 20, 2014

Moon Garden Blog Hop Reveal

It's that time again! Another Andrew Thornton Design Challenge reveal. This month's palette was inspired by moonstone and labradorite. The kit contains gorgeous shades of grey, peach, white and flashes of blue. I love these gemstones so naturally I had to participate. Here is a before picture of what we received...as usual Andrew provided a ton of gorgeous beads to inspire!


I take all my pictures on a white background so of course the white beads don't show up as well in this picture but I think you get the idea. As usual, we also received a mystery component...isn't it beautiful?


It really has all the colors of the kit and is very beautiful...this picture didn't quite do it justice. So as many of you know from my last few posts...life is hectic these days. Well...it hasn't really slowed down and now a show right around the corner! So needless to say I had many ideas for this kit but in the end really only accomplished 3 finished designs. But I did try a little something new so that's something! First up the something new...


I've been wanting to try out some new things with wire and this kit had several beads I thought would be perfect for trying out some spiral type pedants. I do like how they turned so I will be playing a bit more with this design.


I'm not sure yet how I want to use these pendants...I'm not a big fan of the ball chain look that many use. I'll likely do something beaded or one of my bead/ribbon styles but for now they just sit as pendants. I also made a bracelet...suitable of course for stacking with other bracelets! I know shocking ;)


Everything is from the bead kit except the antiqued copper wire and the snap clasp. I really love the way this one turned out. definitely looking at making more in this asymmetrical stack style. As has been my trend lately, I used the mystery component from the kit. I really love the size Andrew has been making them. Perfect for a necklace or bracelet design...although I'm favoring bracelets lately.

Well that's it for me this time! Hope you enjoyed your stop here today. Thanks to Andrew for putting together these inspiring kits! Don't forget to visit the links below to see everyone else's creations. ~Kari

Paula Kramer
Carolyn Lawson
Carole Carlson
Alice Peterson
Kari Asbury
Tammy Bowman
Shaiha Williams

On Andrew Thornton's Blog:
Andrew Thornton
Crystal Lombardo Farrell
Geri Colgrove
Laurie Carpenter
Alison Herrington
Naama Eisenstein
Laurel Ross

10 comments:

  1. I love the celestial look of the wire pendants. Looks like orbiting satellites in the sky :) The bracelet is beautiful and captures the Moon/Sun theme perfectly. Andrew's ply clay medallion ties the color scheme together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great designs! I really like where you are going with the spirals. And I adore your bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a difficult time with photos too. I love that you tried something new and your pendants are just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were so good about capturing the kit pre-magic. I completely forgot to take pics! I love the bracelet and think that is the perfect use for the waxed linen as well as the mystery component. Really a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! I love how the pendants look like celestial constellations, like planets orbiting each other. There's something very nice about that. And the bracelet is lots of fun! I think the pendant dangling is a nice touch. I dig the asymmetrical elements! Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bracelets and the pendant designs. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the kit contents. I like what you did with the waxed linen in the bracelet. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the pendants, which are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the focal on the bracelet! I do LOVE what you're trying with the wire wrapped bead pendants, I look forward to seeing more of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kari for sharing your beadworks. I am just in love with the colours of your bead collection. The wire chain looks simple and elegant with a spiral pendant. The bead bracelets with the mystery component is a perfect example for your artistic talent. top IAS coaching in Chennai must make sure that future IAS students excel in various skills.

    ReplyDelete