Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mastering the white photo background and ...has it really been a month since my last blog post?

I know I've been busy but until today I had no idea it's been over a month since my last post...I was doing so much better trying to post regularly...dang it! Oh well, it has been a hectic month...still working on the last touches for the studio space and organizing...read here realizing how many beads I have and wondering where they will all go... I've also been busy fine tuning things as I prepare to really get my feet wet in wholesale. I'm very excited about this new direction for my business, even if I feel overwhelmed by the changes some days.

Anyhoo...as part of this new direction it has now become more than necessary to mater the white background photos. Can I just say, UGH! This has been my quiet struggle forever! As jewelry designers I think we all struggle with photos in general...constantly second guessing our photo abilities...then when we finally get a set up we are moderately happy with...we are more than resistant to changing it, starting back at the beginning of the struggle. But here I am...at the beginning...again... On the bright side, I think I've got it figured out and in only a day! Go team me! So here's a few side by side photos of my old set up and the same item on white...I think it works! I also test printed a few pages of my catalog, it looks so much more professional now. :)

All photos were taken using my iPhone camera (because that fancy $400+ macro camera sucks taking white photos) and Picmonkey free photo editing for brighten and contrast. I always try to follow and read tips people offer and I will say thanks again to my fellow beady/Facebook friend, Kristin Oppold...she has shared much information on using her phone and apps in the quest for a good white background photo.

I love to read your comments or if you have any tips or tricks to share please feel free to leave a comment below! I'll be back in a few days with the first of several design challenge reveals happening this month...I hope you'll stop by and join the fun!

~Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment