I'm a bit late with getting my design created, photographed and posted...I had a great idea earlier this week when I saw this inspiration photo for this month's We're All Ears challenge. Click on the link to see Erin's post about the inspiration. When I sat down last night to start putting things together...I was struck by an even better idea! The new idea of course required testing out a new to me technique and overnight drying time...so please forgive my tardiness but it was all in the name of learning :)
I really loved all the color and the long lines in our inspiration photo...I wanted to mimic this look in some way. Originally I had planned to use magenta waxed linen not chain. I also decided on a mismatched design so I could include as many of the colors in one pair of earrings without getting to cumbersome.
So my decision to switch to chain last night came when I was looking up different ways to use alcohol ink and I discovered it could be used on metal...how perfect is that... I think the metal adds an element of glimmer that better mimics the picture then my original waxed linen plan. I'm very pleased with how these turned out.
I hope you will stop by the Earrings Everyday blog here to see what Erin and the rest of the participants created!